- The President on India is the Visitor of all the NITs and IIEST, who also appoints their Chairpersons and Directors as per provisions under the NITSER Act, 2007
- Council of NITSER headed by Hon'ble HRM, is the apex decision making body comprising the Chairpersons and the Directors NITs & IIEST beside other members including three Members of Parliament.
- The Board of Governors is the apex decision making body in each of these Institutions.
- Senate is empowered to frame and revise curricula and syllabi for the course of studies for various departments and to promote research in academic development activities.
- A large number of rules, regulations, ordinance, policy decisions etc. have been formulated by the Board of Governors, Senate and other authorities of the Institute for regulating the day-to-day work of the expanded activities of the Institute.