- The President on India is the Visitor of all the NITs and IIEST, who also appoints their Chairpersons and Directors as per provisions under the NITSER Act, 2007
- Council of NITSER headed by Hon'ble HRM, is the apex decision making body comprising the Chairpersons and the Directors NITs & IISET beside other members including three Members of Parliament.
- The Board of Governors is the apex decision making body in each of these Institutions.
- Senate is empowered to frame and revise curricula and syllabi for the course of studies for various departments and to promote research in academic development activities.
- A large number of rules, regulations, ordinance, policy decisions etc. have been formulated by the Board of Governors, Senate and other authorities of the Institute for regulating the day-to-day work of the expanded activities of the Institute.
As per provisions under Section 32 (2)(b) of the NITSER Act, 2007, the Council of NITSER is empowered to lay down policy regarding cadres, methods of recruitment and conditions of services of employees institutions of scholarship and freeships, levying of fees and other matter of common interest;
In accordance with above provisions, the Council of NITSER has approved followings Recruitment Rules:-